Information About Austin
Austin is the capital of Texas, home of the University of Texas at Austin and gateway to the beautiful Hill Country. As the Live Music Capital of the World, the city has a soundtrack all its own. More than 250 live music venues flourish with rock, indie, pop and Tejano. Top notch restaurants with legendary barbecue and farm-to-table cuisine whet your appetite. Shop in the one-of-a-kind boutiques that line South Congress and the 2nd Street district, or head out to hill country to relax in a world class destination spa. More than 300 days of sunshine lend itself to a refreshing dip in Barton Springs or try stand-up paddle boarding on Lady Bird Lake.
Explore Austin at https://www.austintexas.org/visit/things-to-do/
Transportation from Airport
Airport Bus Service (Airport Flyer 100)
The Austin Metro Airport Flyer (Bus 100) go straight into downtown Austin in about 30 minutes. Bus departs every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour.
More info at https://www.capmetro.org/airport/
Map and schedule at https://www.capmetro.org/current_schedules/pdf/100.pdf
Several ride share companies are available in Austin. Please note that Lyft and Uber have currently suspended service in Austin
- Wingz (dedicated to transportation to and from the airport; can be booked in advance)
- zTrip (to book Taxi)
Other transportation include various Taxi and SuperShuttle. Complete information at http://www.austintexas.gov/department/ground-transportation
From festivals to Broadway shows, Austin is bustling with fun events. During the week of the CICC conference, you can indulge in some of the most delicious food and wine in Austin, dance with hippies in Pease Park, or check out one of Austin’s infamous roller derby matches. There is plenty of fun for everyone! Check out the links below for a full list of events.
Friday, April 28 – Sunday, April 30
- Austin Food and Wine Festival, Auditorium Shores & Fair Market
- The Phantom of the Opera, 8:00 p.m., Bass Concert Hall
Saturday, April 29
- Eeyore’s birthday, Pease Park
- Alejandro Escovedo w/ Peter Buck, 8:00 p.m., Paramount Theatre
- City-wide Garage Sale, 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Palmer Events Center
- Texas Beer 5K, 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 30
- Gospel Brunch: New Soul Invaders, 10:30 a.m., Stubb’s
- An Afternoon in Wonderland Tea Party, 1:00 p.m., Hotel Ella
Tuesday, May 2
- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 40th Anniversary Tour, 7:30 p.m., Frank Erwin Center
Saturday, May 6
iHeart Country Festival 2017, 7:00 p.m., Frank Erwin Center