PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative
CICC PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative: For CICC 2019, the CICC conference steering committee will continue our PhD student sponsorship initiative program to attract more student attendees and future student paper authors.
This initiative, established and sponsored by the CICC conference steering committee, is available for all 1st/2nd year PhD students worldwide who have NOT attended CICC before and will NOT be an author or co-author for any paper at CICC 2019. The 2019 initiative program provides sponsorship to attend CICC 2019 in Austin, Texas, USA.
The sponsorship will be a reimbursement check mailed back to the student awardee. With the 2019 conference budget, the sponsorship will be $250/student.
The reimbursement will only be honored to the student awardees who completed the full conference registration and attended the 2019 CICC conference. In order to qualify for the reimbursement, the student awardee should check-in with Melissa Widerkehr and show a valid ID (passport, driver license, etc.) at the conference registration desk.
To qualify for CICC PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative program:
- Student applicant must be an IEEE SSCS Student
- Student applicant must submit a personal statement (less than 300 words) to state their research interests and their relevance to the technical focuses of the CICC
- Student applicant must submit a CV. The IEEE student membership number and the student’s contact information should be included on the first page in the student
- Supervisor must submit a signed recommendation letter with university letterhead. The recommend letter should certify that the student applicant (1) is an IEEE SSCS Student Member, (2) is in the 1st/2nd year PhD study, (3) has never attended the CICC conference before, and (4) will NOT be an author or co-author for any paper at CICC
- Student awardees are expected to volunteer (1 day) helping the CICC 2018 team. The volunteer tasks will be assigned after the awardees are
- Student awardees are expected to be present at the 2019 CICC conference from Monday (April 15th) until Wednesday afternoon (April 17th) including the CICC closing/award ceremony
- Application may only be submitted by the supervisor as a single pdf
- Each supervisor/research group may recommend up to 3
- Past CICC PhD student sponsorship initiative awardees are not
- The authors for the 2019 CICC Best Student Paper awardee or finalist papers are not
- Student applicant will be evaluated based on the personal statement, CV, and supervisor recommendation letter. The committee will start to select student awardees until the funding runs out or the application deadline is reached (whichever occurs first). Early submission will have a higher priority and is strongly
The application deadline is 1 March 2019 (mid-night US EST)
The IEEE CICC TPC committee reserves the right to check the details in this application against IEEE records and other resources, if
- Students are responsible for their own travel
For questions about the PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative please contact Fa Foster Dai (email@example.com).
The student supervisor should email the application package (as one single pdf file for each student) directly to John Teehan, CMP (firstname.lastname@example.org). Each student application should include (1) a personal statement (less than 300 words) from the student, (2) student CV, and (3) a signed recommendation letter with university letterhead from the supervisor