Topics of Interest
CICC 2019 presents papers in the following areas:
Analog Circuits and Techniques for areas such as communications, biomedical, aerospace, automotive, energy, environment, analog computing and security applications, ranging from building blocks to silicon sensors, interfaces, and novel clock generation architectures.
Power Management circuits and design techniques including DC-DC converters, control and management circuits, linear regulators, wireless power transfer, and other methods for improvements in overall system efficiency and performance.
Data Converters of all types enabled by new techniques, architectures, or technologies.
Wireless Transceivers and RF/mm-Wave Circuits for low-power, energy-efficient and high performance wireless links, biomedical and sensing networks, IoT applications, cellular connectivity including M2M applications (LTE-M, NB-IoT), emerging broadband and MIMO networks (5G, WLAN), vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), millimeter-wave & THz systems (radar, sensing and imaging), frequency synthesis and LO generation.
Wireline and Optical Communications Circuits and Systems for electrical and optical communications, including serial links for intrachip and chip-to-chip interconnections, high-speed memory and graphics interfaces, backplanes, long-haul, and power line communications; novel I/O circuits for advancing data rates, improving power efficiency, and supporting extended voltage applications; clocking techniques including PLLs and CDRs; components such as equalizers, high-speed ADC-RX/DAC-TX, silicon photonic and optical interface circuitry.
- High-level system modeling, digital design infrastructure, and mixed-mode (analog-digital) verification for complex SOCs. Novel digital architectures for emerging applications. Design methodologies for functional safety.
- Modeling and simulation of advanced CMOS and power devices to improve design quality, efficiency, and reliability. Design methodologies for emerging applications (deep learning, automobile, IoT, security), and design for manufacture, test, aging and reliability (novel DFT circuits, system-level testing).
Emerging Technologies, Systems, and Applications
Emerging technologies solicit hardware focused papers in the technologies of tomorrow extending from new device and memory technology to system integration, applications and packaging with focus on, but not limited to:
- Hardware-based artificial intelligence and security. Hardware designs for emerging algorithms, hardware security, hardware and energy-efficient artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning accelerators. Applications include autonomous transportation and cloud computing.
- Next-generation devices, technology, integration and packaging including nano-primitives, non-silicon based technology, MEMS, emerging memories, non-traditional circuits, mm-wave/THz passives and integration, flexible, printed, large-area and organic electronics. system in package, 2.5D, 3D and monolithic 3DIC, multi-die heterogeneous integration, silicon photonic interconnects and packaging, advanced assembly and bonding, embedded cooling technologies.
- Biomedical circuits, systems, and applications including neural interfaces, microarrays, lab-on-a-chip, bio-inspired circuits, implantable and/or wearable systems, closed-loop systems with sensing and actuation, medical imaging, and other biosensors including biomedical signal processing SoCs.