Paper Submission Deadline is November 5, 2018
The paper submission site is now open
Click here for the Call for Papers
2019 CICC Author Instructions
Starting from 2019 CICC, the paper selection will follow a double-blind review process. Both the authors and the reviewers will remain anonymous during the paper selection. All authors must follow the following instructions to conceal their identity. Papers that are not properly anonymized will NOT be considered for review. The CICC may withdraw any selected paper that violates the pre-publication and the double-blind review guidelines.
- Authors must submit two versions of their manuscript in PDF format: (i) the complete version for publication including authors’ names, affiliations, contact information, and acknowledgement; (ii) the blind version for review without authors’ names, affiliations, contact information, and acknowledgement. All papers except invited papers can be 3~4 pages in length.
- In addition, author must use the following guideline in preparing the blind version for review to ensure avoiding revealing authors’ identity accidentally.
- Remove any footnotes or descriptions that can disclose authors’ information;
- Remove any information on the places the work was done such as company names or logos on die photos, printed circuit board, test setup, or any other drawings/photos, etc.;
- Avoid citing your own work excessively. Cite only relevant published prior work (including yours) in the third person. Do not use the words such as “my or our previous work ”, or “we proposed ”, etc.;
- Do not cite unpublished work such as internal patent disclosures or technical reports;
- Do not reveal any funding or fabrication support information.
- The identity of authors is only known to the authorized steering committee members, the subcommittee and the best paper award committee chairs/co-chairs as well as the conference secretariat. Do not contact the program committee members to request comments on your manuscript. For questions, please contact the conference secretariat only.
- Invited papers will not follow the above double-blind review process. Authors for invited papers need to submit only the complete version for review. Invited papers can be 4~8 pages in length.
- Each year, CICC selects top ranked papers for the awards in following categories: Outstanding Invited Paper (1 award), Outstanding Regular Paper (1 award), Outstanding Student Papers (3 awards) and the Best Conference Paper (1 award selected from all categories). The written scores (70%) of the best paper selection will follow the above double-blind review process, while its presentation evaluation (30%) will not be blind.
Submitted papers are limited to 3 to 4 pages including illustrations. You will need to submit your paper in a PDF file format. Authors are requested to use the IEEE PDF eXpress program to distill their files to PDF in order to meet IEEE eXpress requirements. You are able to access that program below.
Please review the following files which give complete instructions for preparing your PDF file paper to meet IEEE requirements:
Click here for the Sample Manuscript (PDF file) which has instructions on how to format your Non-blind review paper. Please put the paper title centered at the top of the paper. Put the authors, their affiliations, City, State, and if not USA, the Country, centered under the title, as illustrated in the Sample Manuscript.
Click here for the Sample Manuscript (PDF file) with the instructions on preparation of the Blind Review paper copy.
Click here for an MS Word template you can use to prepare your Non-blind review paper.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress TM site
First-time users should do the following:
1. Select the New Users – Click Here link.
2. Enter the following:
44605X for the Conference ID
your email address
3. Continue to enter information as prompted. An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying
your account setup.
Paper Submission Instructions
Before you go online, prepare three files – your paper (3-4 pages), your blind submission paper and a 50 word abstract that will need to be downloaded to the site.
- Prepare your camera-ready, non-blind review 3 – 4 page paper (formatting instructions are in the Author-PDF-Guide (above).
- Prepare your blind submission paper, (formatting instructions are in the Author-PDF-Guide (above).
- Next, distill both copies of your paper to a PDF file using IEEE PDF eXpress. Click here to distill your PDF file using IEEE eXpress. Conference ID is 43125X.
- Finally, prepare a text file of your 50 word abstract. The abstract is a brief synopsis of your paper.
- Go online and follow these directions for completing the electronic submission page:
Click here to activate online submission.
- In the Title of Submission box, fill in the title of the paper using Initial Caps
- In the Author boxes, first list all the authors and companies in a memo field. Follow the formatting instructions on the web site
- In the next author information boxes include the First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Affiliation of all the authors of the paper.
- Fill in the Corresponding Author’s name, complete mailing address, phone, fax and email.
- In the File box, download the PDF file of your paper
- In Submission type, choose the type of paper you are submitting, Lecture Presentation, Student Lecture Presentation. If your submission is a special invited paper. choose Invited Paper.
- In the Subcommittee box, choose the subcommittee you are submitting the paper to for review.
- In the Summary box, type or paste your 50 word abstract. The abstract is a brief synopsis of your paper. Don’t put the title and authors at the top of the abstract. Accepted abstracts will be posted on the CICC website.
- To submit your paper for review, click the Submit Paper button.
- The next screen tells you if the submission was successful or if there were problems. If there was a problem, read the screen to see what the problem was. Follow the directions to solve the problem.
- If the submission was successful, you will receive a confirmation email (sent to the email address you put on the Submission Page) with your confirmation ID# and a password to re-enter your submission to make updates if necessary. Keep this email, the CICC does not have access to your password and we won’t be able to tell you what it is, if you forget it.
- Complete the copyright form and email it to CICC at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to CICC at 301-527-0994. Please click here to open the Copyright Form. AUTHORS MUST SUBMIT THE SIGNED COPYRIGHT FORM WHEN THEY SUBMIT THEIR
PAPERS SUBMITTED WITHOUT A SIGNED COPYRIGHT FORM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND NOT BE REVIEWED
For Your Information
The accepted papers will be used for publicity purposes and portions of these papers may be quoted in pre-conference magazine articles.
IF THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, authors must email the conference office at email@example.com by January 22, 2018. Please indicate your submission paper number on the email.
Best Student Paper – Papers presented by students and based on their work will be considered for the Best Student Paper Award IF THE PAPER IS IDENTIFIED AS A STUDENT PAPER AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION. If a student submitter wants the paper considered for the Best Student Paper Award, he/she should indicated “Student” in the Submission Type on the online submission page.